Overview of V-ray Next For Houdini FX Benefits
V-Ray brings VFX to life. From heroes and creatures to vehicles and environments, V-Ray helps artists deliver invisible and blockbuster effects for Emmy-winning television and over 150 feature films. Easy to navigate drop down menus for quick render node and camera selection, shared VFB history, debug shading and texture baking improvements for a time-saving workflow.
Memory efficient instancing of large hierarchies of objects, faster edge and vertex creases, quick render startup for geometry-heavy scenes and direct import of assets from other DCC applications optimize and accelerate your performance. Support for Houdini 18, improved volume instancing and Deadline support, custom AOVs and attribute texture paths enhance and complement your Houdini workflow.
Overview of V-ray Next For Houdini FX Features
- Powerful CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering built for the demands of high-end production.
- Interactive look development supported in the Houdini render view.
- Fast and accurate rendering of native Houdini volumes and OpenVDB caches.
- GPU bucket rendering with fast multi-GPU performance and support for Cryptomattes.
- Control custom attributes of geometry (including splines and particles) with the User Color node.
- Bake lighting and textures for game assets and real-time environments.
- Simple, one-click solution to submit jobs to render on the Chaos Cloud.
- Exceptionally fast image-based environment lighting using V-Ray Scene Intelligence.
- Unique method for ultrafast rendering of scenes with hundreds or even thousands of lights.
- Automatically import material node hierarchies from V-Ray scene files and make changes in Houdini.
- Physically-based shader with built-in SSS controls, popular for rendering realistic skin.
- Transfer and override the properties of V-Ray scenes from other apps like Maya and 3ds Max.
- Drive shader parameters such as color, alpha and particle size through custom per-point attributes.
- Fast rendering of realistic fur and hair with V-Ray Fur.
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 /Windows 7
- Processor: Multi core Intel Series or above, Xeon or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 4GB or more recommended